Friday, September 4, 2009

September 1st

Today Lugene and I took a long walk through an area of town we haven’t been before. We found a lot of street vendors selling fruits and food to eat. They cook it right on the street. We also found a couple of satellite campuses of the Shandong Normal School. We then stopped at McDonald’s for breakfast.

In the late morning we went with the Sorensons to the New World Market. It is a large three story building with many vendors selling everything from toilets to food. We were looking for a topper for our hard mattress, but didn’t find one. Lugene did find a pan to use for cooking. After the market we went to a nearby Pizza Hut for lunch. It was very nice with a broader menu than in the U.S. After this we went to the Lotus Supermarket. It is similar to the RT Mart, but not so busy.

In the afternoon I worked some more on my lesson and got some information cards copies for the students. I now have a very bad cold. I hope I’m able to teach my lessons tomorrow. Lugene had a bad blister on her toe that she is trying to get healed. In the evening we watched the movie “Benjamin Button”. It has to be the slowest, longest, most boring movie ever made!

No comments:

Post a Comment